15 Februarie 2017

Bike Review - Silverback Sesta SBC

Every time I took my old bike in to Bike Addict, Johann Rabie were giving me grieve about how old my bike was and how technology have changed.  It was a 2013 top end dual suspension and I stood my ground firm and always told him that I am still happy with it, which was always the truth, I loved my bike.  Then he started showing me some options that was available on the market by sending me pictures late in the evening and telling me to go read up on them.  This happened one evening in early January 2017 with the Silverback Sesta SBC and I felt my heart skipped a beat.  I met my second Valentine but didn't want anyone to know about it.  I kept this secret for a little while and then Johann told me one day he ordered the bike so that I can see it for real but there were no pressure on me to buy the bike.

No pressure yes, but you can't deceive your heart.  Suddenly I needed to find excuses why my old bike wasn't good enough anymore.  I found myself in a corner where I couldn't come out without getting the Silverback Sesta SBC.  Other people will test ride different bikes and feel which one they feel the best with, I new with the way the Silverback was specced that this was my new stead.  On my knees I went to the bank manager and the lady of the house and the next thing I knew I was riding the Silverback!  Grateful is a word people sometimes use to easily, but to be able to have the opportunity to be healthy and fit AND be able to ride this bike is something that I am very grateful for.

The past weekend I did the Momentum Health Tankwa Trek presented by Biogen with my new bike and I thought it would be nice to give a proper review on it for people who might be in the market for a new stead.  The Tankwa Trek is a real tester for all your equipment and the Silverback ticked off all the boxes and came through with flying colours.

Silverback Sesta SBC - SB Advanced Dynamics Carbon 29” weighing in at just below 11 kg 


Rockshox SID World Cup, 100mm Travel


Fox Float DPS, 3 Position Adjusments, Kashima Coating with 90mm Travel

Comfortable cockpit - I changed to ESI Chunky grips.  SBC Carbon 700mm with Back Sweep of 9°

I changed my stem to my old FRM 100 mm 15° negative - the SBC Large comes standard with 90 mm

SRAM XX1 Eagle with Trigger Shifters, 12 speed and Shimano XTR Brakes - 180 mm Rotor front and 160 mm Rotor Back

Saddle - SBC Superlight with Carbon Rail and Carbon Base on top of a 400 mm SBC Carbon Seatpost

SRAM XX1 Eagle 36T Crankset - I changed to 36T, it comes standard with 34T.  Look S-Track MTB Pedals.

SRAM Eagle XX1, 10-50T, 12 Speed

Maxxi's Ikon 2.25" front and rear at a pressure of 1.4 Bar (My wheels of choice, not standard).  Stan's Valor Pro 29" Carbon fitted with Stan's Neo Ultimate hubs

Lezyne sideloader Flow bottle cage front and normal Flow behind the seatpost

This is a real Mountain Bike and belongs in the dirt.  I never thought that a bike can make such a huge difference to the enjoyment of the trails, but believe you me, with this baby it is very true.  Thanks to Martinus Kruger from Silverback for all the support and I don't think I have to mention Johann Rabie and his staff at Bike Addict for always making us all feel like real Pro's.

Till next time,
JG

1 opmerking:

  1. That bikes suits you perfectly and I am sure you will enjoy every climb downhill and piece of single track you can find.

    AntwoordVee uit